As the summer comes to a close, our staff and elders are in awe of the mighty work of God among us!
God answered so many prayers these past months!
- We rejoiced as children came to Christ through Vacation Bible School, Camp IDRAFOJE, and our recent Open Door Basketball Camp.
- Our youth dove deep into discipleship and community as they ministered to our kids and took part in their summer travel camps.
- The Gospel went forth to other communities through our La Pine and Navajo outreach teams.
- We launched Angela Shih to a new missionary assignment in Hong Kong.
- The recent Principal Project Bake Sale brought in over $20,000 in donations, which will be matched and go to pay down our mortgage.
- Our community responded to last week’s blood drive, donating 33 units to help those fighting cancer at neighboring City of Hope.
As we enter the school year and the fall season, we can’t wait to watch what the Lord does next!
With this in mind, we are excited to announce two strategic changes to our Sunday morning schedule starting on September 11, 2022.
1. Our first contemporary service will begin at 9:30am. (Currently it starts at 9:45am.)
2. Our junior high/high school class will meet at 9:30am. (Currently they meet at 11:00am.)
Our new schedule will look like this:
8:00-9:00am: traditional service
9:30-10:40am: 1st contemporary service
9:30-10:40am: junior high/high school class
11:00am-12:10pm: 2nd contemporary service
Why are we making these changes?
1. It is very difficult to accomplish all that we want to experience in worship, preaching and communion in an hour. This schedule change allows us to have a little bit more time and space in our worship services, as well as in our adult Bible classes, kids and youth ministries.
2. Moving the junior high and high school meeting time allows parents of youth to have opportunities to serve in a ministry or attend an adult Bible class at 9:30am, and then worship together with their youth at the 11:00am service.
How can you help?
Our biggest need during this transition is for people to commit to serve 1-2 Sundays a month at the 9:30am hour in our CODkids ministry.
There are a number of different roles where we need you! (With the youth now having their class at 9:30am, they are no longer able to fill the majority of the needs in our CODkids ministry at that hour.)
God has done a powerful work in our church as we invested in our children and youth this summer, and we are thrilled to see the opportunities we have to disciple, train and love these precious kids continue this fall.
Thank you for adjusting to and praying for this important transition! You and your family are such a blessing to this community.
P.S. To find out more about ways you can serve in our CODkids ministry, contact CHILDREN’S PASTOR JESSICA LEE.