|In Psalm 96:7-9, the Psalmist proclaims, “Ascribe to the Lord, O families of the peoples, Ascribe to the Lord glory and strength! Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; bring an offering, and come into his courts! Worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness; tremble before him, all the earth!”
When Christ offered Himself as the perfect and final sacrifice for our sins, He gave us the privilege of entering into God’s presence and offering our praise, our gifts and our lives. One of the most tangible ways of ascribing worth to God and worshipping Him is through the stewardship of the resources He has entrusted to us.
As we continue through this year, the shepherds of Church of the Open Door want to thank you for your generous giving! God is moving among us, and every dollar you give has an impact:
- In the past few months 12 people in our community have placed their trust in Christ!
- Last Sunday we celebrated 18 baptisms at the pool! Nine kids, seven youth, and two adults publicly professed their faith in the Lord Jesus and a desire to be obedient to Him.
- A few weekends ago we concluded our first ever Open Door Basketball League (ODBL), a new reach into our community that brought in 51 kids.
- Earlier this year we sent a short term team to Tanzania to engage with the Nyamwezi and move us forward in our prayer to see a reproducing church established among them.
- Live Wires, our ministry to 4th/5th graders, has nearly tripled since the fall, from 15 kids to as many as 44 (pictured).
- Our property has received some much needed TLC in the form of new sections of pavement and a repaired roof.
We also want to encourage you to continue in this act of worship. As I write this letter, we are $186,000 behind in meeting this year’s budget.
As always, we are trusting the Lord for His provision, but we also wanted to give you an opportunity to join in worshipping God in this way.
We are asking you to pray and consider what part you and your family might have in meeting this need. Every gift, no matter how large or small, makes a difference!
On behalf of the leadership team, thank you!
P.S. Looking ahead, we are excited to share the gospel and continue discipleship this summer through our Vacation Bible School, Camp IDRAFOJE, youth camps, and La Pine and Navajo (new!) outreach teams. Would you be willing to partner with us in prayer for these ministries? We’d love to know at email@example.com.