Church of the Open Door (COD) was conceived in the mind of Dr. R.A. Torrey, who had come to Los Angeles to start the Bible Institute of Los Angeles (BIOLA). The church was to be strictly interdenominational. Its purpose was to reach the lost of Los Angeles and was reflected in the name based on two passages of Scripture, John 10:9 and Revelation 3:8. Other pastors have included Dr. Louis T. Talbot (1932-1948) and Dr. J. Vernon McGee (1949-1970).
For 70 years it was located in downtown Los Angeles and was identified by the Jesus Saves signs, which could be seen from all the surrounding freeways. In 1985 the church relocated to Glendora, California. The people of COD have always been a people of faith and vision. Over the years our faith and vision have guided us to accomplish great things in the name of Jesus Christ. We are praying that He will continue to allow us to make disciples of all the nations.
Find out more about us below: